The Louise Collection debuted 10 new looks (all available in sizes 00-26) named for the models who volunteered their time and talents to help raise funds for Center for Youth at Fashion Week Rochester 2019 and now these looks are available to you.
Click on each of the looks below for a detailed description and technical drawings.
The Louise Collection 2019
Louise Slaughter was a very colorful congresswoman and it wasn’t possible to pick a single color to use for a tribute so the initial collection debut was all in white – all of the colors – and serves as a callback to the suffragette movement.
- FABRIC SHOWN – 100% Pure wool double crepe woven in Italy has excellent body which drapes beautifully; woven from a high-twist yarn the cloth has excellent natural stretch properties for comfort. Available in 40 colors (shown below).
- MENSWEAR FABRIC – I am also able to offer a large selection of menswear fabrics from one of Savile Row’s most popular English mills, for a classic tailored look.
- LUXURY FABRIC – For pure luxury, I can offer some of the best cashmere, lambswool and vicuña from Italy’s oldest mill, Fratelli Piacenza.
- LINING – Jackets are lined in 100% bemberg lining with one inside pocket. More are available upon request.
- BUTTONS – Natural mother of pearl buttons come standard, others including water buffalo horn and corozo available upon request.
- POCKETS – All jacket models come with patch pockets, which allow for alterations to the bust and waist area. Flap, or besom and flap pockets are available but make alterations to the front of the jacket impossible so are discouraged.
- SLEEVES – All jackets can have either full-length or ¾ length sleeves.
- Functioning sleeve buttonholes (surgeon’s cuffs) are available for an additional charge.
- TUXEDO – All models can be converted into formal tuxedo-style with silk satin facings, satin-covered buttons, and pant braid, for an additional charge.
- Garment length can be determined according to height and styling preferences, as can the widths of trousers and skirts.
- Trousers and skirts can be made with a side-inserted invisible zipper and no waistband, or with a tailored, menswear-style waistband with or without belt loops and a front fly closure. Side pockets are only available on trousers made with a waistband.
- VENTS/SLITS – Jackets 26” in length and longer will have a center back vent as a default, which can be eliminated on request. All skirts and shift dresses feature either back slit or back vent.
- EDGE STITCHING – All jackets can be done with plain (bluff) edges, pick stitched edges (discrete hand-stitch) or single stitch top stitched edges for a sportier look.
Allowance for Alterations
I understand women’s bodies change over time so the ability to adapt your investment to your changing body is of utmost importance. Special attention has been given to alterability in The Louise Collection and outlets are as follows:
- All jackets come with 5/8” seams, allowing an increase of up to 5” in the circumference
- Princess seams on the front of all coats allow an increase the equivalent of two cup sizes
- Trousers and skirts have 5/8” side seams which allow for an increase of 1 ½” in the waist, hips, knee and bottom, 5/8” trouser inseams allow a further ¾” increase to the thigh knee and bottom
- Trousers also have a center back outlet allowing for an additional increase in the waist of up to 2 ½”